I joined a virtual quilting bee this year. It was sooooo much fun!
The group got together on “Flickr” and we based our bee on the book, “Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers“.
This is how we set things up:
• 12 Month Bee
• One Bee Minx each month (the person we are making blocks for)
• We will be making blocks from Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers and the Bee Minx each month gets to choose her block from this book
• If she would like, she can ask people to split into two groups and choose two block (6 people doing each)
• We are a beginner bee, even if some of us are not technically beginners!
• The Bee Minx will give guidelines about the colour, theme etc of the fabric they would like their blocks made in
• We will be making the blocks from our own stash
• The month’s Bee Minx will start a discussion by the first day in her month with details of the block she has chosen and what type of ‘look/fabric’ she is aiming for
• Fabric will be okayed by the Bee Minx
• Blocks will be in the post to the Bee Minx by the last day of the month (or later with personal agreement from the bee Minx)
• We will enjoy ourselves!
…and enjoy ourselves we most certainly did!
I was the January Bee Minx and chose the block Envy. I managed to get it quilted just before Christmas! (Yay!) Here is how it turned out! 🙂
As for the rest of the group, here are my contributions to their quilts….
I want to thank all the participants all over the globe! This was a lot of fun and took me, personally, out of my ‘comfort zone’. I really can’t wait to see everyone else’s finished quilt!
Thank you ladies 🙂
Until next time, Connie