I plan to share photos taken while on vacation, but will do this in parts; so that you are not over-whelmed!
I have recently returned from my annual vacation. We drove to Florida, staying on the Gulf Coast and then drove home again. The drive is as much a part of the vacation as the time spent at our destination.
We experienced a few rainy days in a row, so it was a perfect opportunity to visit the Dali Gallery in St. Petersburg. I had been there before (approx 9 years ago) and wanted to return with my hubby. Since my earlier visit, a brand new gallery had been built. The building is awesome! The exhibits were just as wonderful as I remembered. We were a little late to join a guided tour, but still managed to hear some of the informative descriptions and history as we strolled the various gallery rooms.
As expected, we were not allowed to take photos of the exhibits, but I did manage a ton of the building!!! So grab a beverage of your choice, put your feet up and take a couple of minutes to tour with me 🙂
1. The rainy, cloudy day made for some great skys! This is beside the main entrance to the gallery.
2. I love how the corner of the building is sitting on this big rock. The main entrance is just underneath.
3. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and the location is so pretty, beside the Albert Whitted airport and marina.
4. The glass sections look as they are bubbling out of the concrete!
5. From certain angles, it looks like the concrete is being swallowed by the glass.
6. This section houses the cafe and the upstairs lobby.
7. More bubbling glass…
8. If you look close, you can almost see the upstairs lobby…
9. There were many of these little guys around. This one was particularly cute! …and moving deceptively fast…
10. Here is the spectacular inner staircase…
11. The top just keeps reaching up to the skylights like a plant looking for sunlight.
12. Here is a view from the upstairs landing looking down.
13. A great view of the storms approaching from over Tampa Bay.
14. This is the top of the glass over the stairway…this is the part that you see bubbling out from the outside.
15. The atrium is huge…view from the back of the stairway to the front of the building.
16. Rain, palm trees…from the inside looking out! Those storms have arrived.
17. A last shot of the stairway as seen from the cafe.
18. Even the manhole covers are attractive…I love pelicans.
There you go…next time you are in the area, please be sure to check it out! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Until next time, Connie 🙂