A food post by popular demand!
As a follower of this blog, you know that I participate in a couple of “photo-a-day” challenges. Occasionally I post shots of food that I have made that work for that day’s prompt. Today’s photo was so popular, that I thought I would share the recipe with the blogging world out there. It is SO quick and easy. If you decide to make this someday, I’d love to hear from you 😄
I call it “Raisin Bread French Toast Waffles”.
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1/2 cup milk
– freshly ground nutmeg
– cinnamon (to taste)
– 4 slices of your favourite raisin bread
NOTE: you don’t need any sugar in this as the raisin bread is fairly sweet and you will be serving maple syrup or other sweet toppings on these waffles.
1. Measure the milk in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add the eggs, nutmeg & cinnamon and beat together.
2. I pour the milk/egg mixture into a 9″ x 12″ glass baking dish, the. Add the bread slices. After a minute or so, flip the bread over to make sure it soaks up all the liquid. I usually let it sit on the counter, covered, for up to an hour.
3. Preheat your waffle iron & and when ready, add your bread slices and bake/cook until done.
4. Serve with maple syrup. If desired, you can sprinkle with icing sugar; serve with fresh fruit & whipping cream.
Isn’t that easy! …and so delicious. Let me know if you try this 😃
Until next time, Connie xoxo