Summer is here & it is the season to slow down; enjoy lazy, hazy afternoons & longer evenings.
I like to take a few minutes throughout each day to appreciate the beauty around me. To just breathe… These are my irises. They were in the garden when we moved in. I love how they come up and bloom with riotous abandon without any help or effort from me! They make me smile!
Today I am:
- celebrating the summer solstice – I think there will be ice cream with dinner
- excited that on my way to work I saw:
- a family of minks (mama & 2 babies) crossing the road;
- a heron looking for breakfast in the marsh;
- a Canada Goose nursery; and
- a big fat raccoon strolling through a corn field
- ready for a hot & humid day
- glad that since I have to work, it is in an air conditioned office
- savoring my morning coffee
I hope that whatever you are doing, it is a great day!
Thanks for visiting, until next time…Connie 🙂